Zipnosis Terms of Service
Zipnosis, Inc. (“Zipnosis”) operates the web site located at https://app.zipnosis.com/ (the “Site”) to facilitate healthcare consumers’ access to electronic medical consultations with health care providers, and to provide other information about Zipnosis and its products and services (the “Service”). Zipnosis provides a communication link between you and the health care provider. Zipnosis does not provide any healthcare services itself.
The Service cannot and is not intended to replace the relationship that you have with your health care professionals. The Service is intended to be a value added digital medical service tool, easily accessible for a defined set of common medical conditions. If at any time you are concerned about your care or the treatment prescribed through the Service, or you believe or someone else advises you that you have or suspect that you have a serious or life-threatening condition, call 9-1-1 in areas where that service is available, or go to the nearest open clinic or emergency room.
THE SERVICE AND CONTENT IS NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED OR APPROPRIATE TO ADDRESS SERIOUS, EMERGENCY, OR LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES.
The medical advice provided through the Service is based on your personal health data as provided by you and the local standards of care for your presenting symptoms based on your use of the Service. Responses are not provided by Zipnosis, but are provided by Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants.
The Content on the Site (other than a direct response to you from a Medical Doctor, Nurse Practioner or Physical Assistant) should not be considered medical advice. You should always talk to your health care professionals for diagnosis and treatment, including information regarding which drugs or treatment may be appropriate for you. None of the information on this Site represents or warrants that any particular drug or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
2. Use of the Site. Zipnosis grants you permission to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial purposes. Your use of the Site is further limited as follows:
- You agree not to use the Site for unlawful purposes, and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while using the Site.
- You agree not to use the Site for any commercial purposes, including any advertisement, commercial solicitation, or promotion of any specific goods or services.
- You agree not to collect or use any information or other data available via the Site inappropriately.
- You agree not to use the Site to post or transmit any threatening, harmful, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- You agree not to incorporate any code into the code of the Site or to use the Site to post or transmit any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, spyware, bot, tracking device, screen scraping software or other computer code, file or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use or operation of the Site or any user of the Site.
- You agree not to restrict or inhibit any other person from use of the Site. You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available, or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- You agree not to use the Site to harvest or collect personally identifiable information about users of the Site.
- You agree not to use the Site to disrespect or violate the privacy or views of others.
- You agree not to use the Site to impersonate another person or supply false information about yourself or another person.
- You agree not to allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments, or to otherwise access or use the Site.
- You agree not to post material on the Site that infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others, or the privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others.
5. Registered Users. If you meet the eligibility requirements as established by Zipnosis you may sign up to become a registered user of the Services provided through the Site. Both a logon identity or user name and a password shall be necessary to access the Services through the Site. The password provides vital security in preventing unauthorized access to your user data, health information, confidential information and account. Choosing a password at least seven (7) characters in length, containing alpha (both upper and lower case) and numeric characters, and incorporating one or more special characters (! @ # $ % & * and the like) significantly increases the password’s security. You are responsible for selecting a secure password. You should never allow anyone to access your account on your behalf or give anyone your password. You are responsible for keeping and maintaining the security of your password. Zipnosis shall have no responsibility for unauthorized access to your account or the information in that account that results from your failure to select and keep secure your password.
You may choose to add an adult or legal dependent to your account (such as a parent, spouse, family member or other acquaintance). By adding this person to your personal account, you are also agreeing to allow this person access to any of your medical records accessible through Zipnosis. By utilizing this account, the dependent account holder is also agreeing to allow you access to all of their medical records accessible through Zipnosis.
6. Medical Advice. The Service cannot and is not intended to replace the relationship that you have with your health care professionals. The Service is intended to be a value added digital medical service tool, easily accessible for a defined set of common medical conditions. If at any time you are concerned about your care or the treatment prescribed through the Service, or you believe or someone else advises you that you have or suspect that you have a serious or life-threatening condition, call 9-1-1 in areas where that service is available, or go to the nearest open clinic or emergency room. THE SERVICE IS NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED OR APPROPRIATE TO ADDRESS SERIOUS, EMERGENCY OR LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES.
Any opinions expressed on the Site are the opinions of the individual author, not of Zipnosis. Reliance on any information provided by Zipnosis, Zipnosis employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of Zipnosis, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
This Site may contain health information or medical-related materials that include images or descriptions of human anatomy. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use the Site.
With the exception of the personal use described above, no Content may be reverse-engineered, decompiled, disassembled, reproduced, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electrical, mechanical, photoreproduction, recordation or otherwise), stored in a retrieval system, translated into a computer language or other language, transcribed, resold, or redistributed without prior express written consent by Zipnosis.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU AGREE TO ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT. ZIPNOSIS MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT. ZIPNOSIS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE, AND THE CONTENT. ZIPNOSIS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS CODE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. ZIPNOSIS DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
11. Pricing and Coverage Information. As a service to users of this Site, Zipnosis may request from your health plan or provider eligibility, coverage, benefit and related information on your behalf. Such requests do not include reviewing any prior authorization, referral, or medical necessity requirements. Zipnosis does not engage in utilization review. Users should consult their primary care physician to address such requirements. You agree Zipnosis may pass your personally identifiable information to such individuals or organizations in connection with such a request. You also agree to sign an authorization allowing Zipnosis to give these people information about you and telling these people to give Zipnosis information about you. This authorization is displayed on the Site.
12. Errors and Inaccuracies. The information in the Site including, but not limited to, information regarding pricing, may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Zipnosis reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. Zipnosis does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected. Zipnosis reserves the right to refuse to fill any orders or provide services that are based on inaccurate or erroneous information on the Site, including, without limitation, incorrect or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies, or for any other lawful reason.
13. Charges and Billing. You may be responsible for providing a valid credit card number, expiration date, and card security code from the back of the card at the time you purchase a product, service or schedule an appointment. You may charge a fee if you fail to attend or cancel an appointment in accordance with any stated cancellation policy. You represent and warrant that you are an authorized user of such credit card, and you agree to pay all charges resulting from your purchase of the products or services on this Site at the charges then in effect, including any unauthorized charges incurred prior to your notifying Zipnosis of such charges. You agree that Zipnosis may provide your credit card information and related personal information to its designated service provider(s) or the vendor or provider offering goods and services for their use in charging you for appropriate products, services or cancellation fees incurred through your use of this Site. Zipnosis reserves the right to modify prices, fees, or institute new charges at any time with at least thirty (30) days’ notice. You understand that products or services may not be provided or appointments cancelled if the credit card information you provide is inaccurate or invalid.
16. Geographic Limitations on Use. Like most Internet web sites, this Site is accessible worldwide. However, not all products or services are available to all persons or in all geographic locations. Zipnosis reserves the right to limit the provision of its products and services to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction and to limit the quantities of any products or services that it provides. Any product or service identified on the Site is only available where Zipnosis, or any other entity offering the goods or services on the Site, is licensed or authorized to do business. Please consult Zipnosis directly for information regarding the products and services that may be available to you in your area. The Site is not intended for use outside the United States of America. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and local rules or restrictions relating to the Site.
20. User Supplied Material. If you supply any comments, information or material via the Site, you guarantee to us that you have the legal right to supply such material and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity. You further agree that all information or material you supply to us through the Site, including business information, ideas, concepts, or inventions, shall be deemed and shall remain our property, and you hereby assign to Zipnosis all right, title, and interest in and to any such information or material, without any restriction or obligation to you.
22. Copyright Complaints. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent as set forth below:
248 N 1st Ave
We may give notice of a claim of copyright infringement by means of a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to a user’s email address, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s address.
23. General Provisions
- sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- sending a letter via US Mail to:
248 North 1st Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Last Revised: September 24, 2009