By Kevin L. Smith, DNP, FNP, FAANP
Virtual care offers a fresh way to connect with patients and adapt services to meet patient needs.
Offering Virtual Care to the Marketplace
Offering Virtual Care to Covered Populations
- Bryan Health implemented virtual care with Zipnosis to increase access to care, attract new patients, use staff and resources more efficiently, and improve clinical quality.
- In 2016, 27% of patients who used the virtual care service were new to the Bryan Health system, and average clinician work time for a virtual visit was just 2 minutes.
- From November 2016 to February 2017, total patient encounters increased 41%.
- Post-visit surveys indicated that 68% of patients who used the virtual care service would have sought care outside the Bryan Health system if it was not an option.
Dr. Brian Bossard, President, Bryan Telemedicine
Andy Whitney, Director of Telemedicine Services, Bryan Telemedicine
- On average, patients receive a diagnosis within 10 minutes, and clinicians spend less than 2 minutes per visit.
- 86% of virtual care patients say they would recommend the service to a friend.
Jon Pearce, CEO, Zipnosis
William Brazeau, Virtual Care Program Director, Ascension Wisconsin