- Bryan Health implemented virtual care with Zipnosis to increase access to care, attract new patients, use staff and resources more efficiently, and improve clinical quality.
- In 2016, 27% of patients who used the virtual care service were new to the Bryan Health system, and average clinician work time for a virtual visit was just 2 minutes.
- From November 2016 to February 2017, total patient encounters increased 41%.
- Post-visit surveys indicated that 68% of patients who used the virtual care service would have sought care outside the Bryan Health system if it was not an option.
Dr. Brian Bossard, President, Bryan Telemedicine
Andy Whitney, Director of Telemedicine Services, Bryan Telemedicine
- Zipnosis maintains continuity of care with its platform that routes patients to the most appropriate level of care with access points such as the online adaptive interview and phone/video consultation.
- Bryan Health, along with the Zipnosis account team, ensured the effectiveness of Zipnosis with the Statnosis analytics platform to measure KPIs like antibiotic prescription rates.
- In the first year after implementation, Bryan Health realized a 27% growth in patient acquisition, found that 68% of patients who used a virtual visit would have sought care elsewhere if it wasn’t an option, and determined that physician work time needed for a diagnosis was only 2 minutes and 5 seconds.
Clinical Uses and Results
This section analyzes the clinical benefits and outcomes from on-demand virtual care programs.
Topics include: staffing and efficiency, conditions treated, and clinical quality.
- Virtual Care Operations: 96.4% of respondents indicated an intention to expand their virtual care service in the next 12 months.
- Technology: 53.8% of respondents without on-demand virtual care expressed integrating with existing technology as a challenge, while only 21.4% of respondents identified virtual care integration with their EMR as a challenge.
- Clinical Uses and Results: 43.3% of respondents reported the average work time for clinicians using virtual care is 1-5 minutes.
- With Zipnosis’s online adaptive interview model, clinicians can comfortably respond to 20-30 virtual visits per day, all while maintaining a full schedule.
- Start small and scale over time to provide the highest chance for success. When ready to expand, determine new avenues to pursue. These can include selling services to a different market, adding a new mode of care, and expanding conditions treated, among others.
- Prescribe virtual care: 25% of patients who complete virtual visits indicate they were referred by a provider.