Health systems across the nation are increasingly deploying virtual care strategies to complement current access points to care. But why? Research indicates that virtual care and telemedicine services will continue to grow as patients increasingly choose online and mobile delivery for their healthcare needs.
Through our years of working with leading health systems across the country, we know the questions a crowded marketplace can raise. We’ve developed a guide to help you understand the different virtual care models and illustrate the impact of these services on your health system.
- Understand environment and define strategic objectives
- Determine business model and mode of care delivery
- Identify organizational stakeholders and assemble team
- Create an internal cadence of accountability
- Ensure ongoing training and support mechanisms are in place
- Craft a continuous marketing and communications plan for new and current patients
- Develop roadmap for technology integration and service scaling