Digital health equity is an essential tenet in building the future of healthcare. Accessibility and equal access are at the center of the Zipnosis platform, which is why we’ve signed eHI’s Digital Health Equity Pledge.
As organizations dedicated to improving the health of all individuals, we share the belief that digital health technologies have the potential to be powerful tools to identify and address health inequities. As such, we commit to the following principles to ensure these tools do not exacerbate existing biases:
We support digital health technologies that are accessible to all, including those with disabilities, and that will promote technologies that are inclusive of all digital and health literacy levels and non-English languages.
We support digital health technologies that are developed to consider the diverse populations they serve. Technologies should be designed, implemented, and tested in a transparent way by and for all genders, sexual orientations, races, religions, and socio-economic levels.
We recognize that certain populations have been harmed by misuse of personal health information. We will respect and honor the privacy needs and preferences of historically marginalized populations and communities together with all people.
We will work to advance public policies that address systemic causes of health inequities and support health care providers in leveraging digital health technologies as tools to identify and help address health inequities experienced by their patients.
We further commit to the consideration of these principles in all stages in the creation of the evidence base for digital health technologies, ensuring that when widely disseminated, they have demonstrated value for all segments of the population. View the eHI press release.
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Radiology
- American Heart Association
- American Indian Health Service of Chicago, Inc
- Booz Allen Hamilton Centerstone
- Change Healthcare
- Community Care Cooperative
- Curation Health
- Curve Health
- Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission (EHNAC)
- Epstein Becker Green
- Fenway Health
- Jasper Health
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- LGBT Technology Partnership
- LifeWIRE Corp
- Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Medical Group Management Association
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- NextGen Healthcare
- Northwell Health
- PatientBond, Inc.
- REDC Consortium
- Social Innovation Ventures
- Socially Determined
- Sonora Quest Laboratories
- Telehealth Equity Coalition