Conquering COVID-19: Insights from the highest capacity telemedicine provider in the country
Our goal throughout the COVID-19 pandemic has been to be transparent, in real-time, with our data and lessons learned. We’ve created this landing page to showcase the real ways telemedicine is making a difference in the fight against COVID-19.
With Zipnosis healthcare on-demand you can give patients in-person care when it’s needed, and treat them online when it’s not.
We’re Zipnosis, the white-label virtual care platform powering the virtual visits of 51 large health systems across the country. Six times more efficient for providers than traditional telemedicine, our platform is powered by technology that’s built on best practice clinical guidelines and real-time, localized information. Since COVID-19’s arrival, Zipnosis has been committed to helping our network of healthcare providers and the 300M+ Americans they care for, navigate this evolving pandemic. It’s not about staffing up, it’s about empowering the staff you have. The solution is already here and ready to go.
A Live Look at Our Virtual Visit Data
Total Virtual Visits Volume
Completed Visits by Mode of Care
COVID-19 Patient Encounters Nationwide
The graph below displays the COVID-19 Screener and virtual visit data.
- First, the short COVID-19 screening assessment appropriately triages patients with COVID-19 concerns. Based on their responses, patients are either encouraged to start a virtual visit or provided with appropriate patient education based on their screener responses.
- Second, you can see our COVID-19 and Upper Respiratory Infection (URI) virtual visit volume. As both COVID-19 and URI have similar symptoms, and COVID-19 risk patients enter through both visit types, we are screening both for COVID-19 risk based on the CDC guidelines.
COVID-19 Screening and COVID-19 Virtual Visit Volume
In just the first month of the COVID-19 pandemic…
- The CDC encouraged the use of telehealth to combat COVID-19.
- Federal government temporarily removed regulations that hinder virtual care.
- The Zipnosis team took immediate action and designed a unique entry point for COVID-19 visits. Our official COVID-19 protocol launched March 6.
- On March 11, Our COVID-19 screener, designed to recommend virtual care to a patient if appropriate, was quickly made available to our health system partners nationwide.
- 33 of our health system partners began offering our COVID-19 virtual screener, while 21 of our partners began offering COVID-19 related virtual visits for free.
health system partners began offering our COVID-19 virtual screener
health system partners began offering COVID-19 related virtual visits for free
INCREASE IN OVERALL PLATFORM UTILIZATION
- As COVID-19 began to spread across the country we saw a 36x increase in utilization on our platform alone.
- Despite the rapid increase in patient volumes, we kept up. Our clinical work time for the first month of the pandemic averaged just over 4 minutes.
- While other telemedicine networks struggled with 22 HOUR wait times, the average wait time for a Zipnosis visit was only 10 minutes.
- We trained more than 1,400 new providers on the Zipnosis platform, with each training taking less than an hour.
- On March 17, volumes surged as high as 38,700 virtual visits in one day.
- Throughout the entire month of March, we had a total of 412,500 visits and 262,000 COVID-19 screeners completed for a total of 674,500 total patient encounters in March—compared to 37,170 total in February.
VIRTUAL VISITS IN MARCH
COVID-19 SCREENERS IN MARCH
PATIENT ENCOUNTERS IN MARCH
Patient experience is at the heart of what we do. Now more than ever, it is crucial we provide simple, efficient ways for patients to access care. That’s why we’ve created our Zipnosis.com/FindCare landing page as a resource to connect patients new to virtual care with health systems close to home.
This pandemic is devastating, overwhelming, and tragic—but it is also an opportunity to reimagine healthcare in America. Telehealth has not only proven it’s worth in keeping people safe through the course of this pandemic. It’s also shown there are simpler, more efficient modes of care available for both patients and providers. The genie is out of the bottle.
Here’s what we expect to see from telehealth moving forward:
- Healthcare isn’t going back to the way it was, but we will find a new normal.
Health systems should prepare to see an increase in demand for virtual care solutions. With intermittent social distancing expected to continue through the remainder of the year, much of consumers’ fear of the unknown surrounding telehealth is breaking down. Consumers are quickly learning they can use the same device they use to shop on Amazon or do their taxes—to access healthcare. The convenience and efficiency consumers encounter in virtual care today will have a lasting impact on their expectations post-pandemic.
- Virtual care won’t be limited to urgent care.
Virtual care visits unrelated to COVID-19 are up two 2-5% across our health system partners. As consumer demand expects more virtual care solutions, health systems and providers will need to extend the service lines and specialties they treat to improve access and efficiency for patients. Even now, our health system partners are using our platform for behavioral health, urology, post-surgical visits, and more.
- All modes of care will have their place, it’s the overall experience that matters most.
While telemedicine has historically been limited to phone or video visits with your doctor, the ecosystem must leverage all four modes of virtual care to meet the demands and expectations of patients and providers. Through allowing providers to move between multiple modes of care in the context of a virtual visit, we can provide the best experience and most efficient workflows possible.
Let’s partner on a solution
through COVID-19 and beyond.
Let’s partner on a solution through COVID-19 and beyond.
WORK WITH ZIPNOSIS
Lisa Ide, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Operating Officer
The Zipnosis executive team is available for media interviews.
Reach out to Shaina Heberden, Director of Marketing Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org with media inquiries.
Media & Market Misconceptions
Telemedicine is NOT limited to “doing a video call with a doctor” or “texting a doctor.”
Intelligent interview does not mean “interacting with an AI” or a “chatbot.”
You DON’T need to use another system to facilitate this (like Zoom or FaceTime).
This technology ALREADY EXISTS across the country. We don’t have to wait for Google or another tech company to invent it.
“1000+ virtual visits for one MultiCare provider in a week is remarkable at face value–but it is even more awe-inspiring when you consider that one provider was able to keep over one-thousand patients out of the ED.
When multiplied across all of our providers, not just this one, then again over all the health systems Zipnosis work with, you’re looking at some extraordinary results and significant and far reaching benefits. All of this is possible because we can assess and treat patients in the Zipnosis asynchronous platform. Ben Chao and I are so thankful to the entire Zipnosis team that has worked around the clock for us so that we can do the same for our patients, our health system, and our entire community.”
STEPHANIE COWAN — Clinical Director, Virtual Care
MULTICARE HEALTH SYSTEM
“Thanks for all you and your team are doing. It is truly amazing and making such a difference in our ability to flatten the curve and take care of our patients. I can’t tell you how many times our incident command teams have said something along the lines of ‘Thank goodness for Zipnosis.'”
LAURA MENDYK — Medical Director